Tuesday, March 11, 2008

The blow out obsession

A couple weeks ago, Look Girl fashion sent me a link to a New York Times article about the new trend of forgoing washing your hair and just getting a blow out once a week. I knew about the trend a little and that a lot of New York gals are doing it, but, well, eww. Really? My hair's greasy (at least up front) after just two days. Anyway, in the past few days I feel like I have been bombarded with products, e-mails and advertisements along these same lines of extending your blow out. Watching my secret love, wedding shows, on Style Network, there were ads linking to their Web site for tips on this trend and endorsing Ted Gibson's Hair Sheet to absorb the oil. Sephora sent me an e-mail with staff picks, including a vote for Oscar Blandi's Pronto Dry Shampoo Spray saying, "I can't live without Pronto! I'm a city girl who is too busy and lazy to wash my hair but once a week." I even got an e-mail from the Sunday Source editors at The Washington Post saying that you should "keep your paws off your head" and backing Bumble & Bumble’s spray-on Hair Powder. They also suggested that "budget-minded ladies can try shaking a bit of baby powder along roots. Either way, don’t forget to blend." I've tried that trick in the past, as well as Bumble & Bumble's product, but it doesn't really work, at least not for me. I'll be honest, I'm still not sold on the not washing your hair kick; how busy/lazy can you really be? What about you, dear readers?

No comments: