Friday, February 22, 2008

Haircare, fierce

Thank you Rachel Ray! This morning my favorite chic product tester, Lara, let me know about the horrid new Marc Jacob's shirts for skin cancer awareness with, of course, naked celebs on them. But more importantly, she let me know about two great new beauty products on the market:

  • Warren Tricomi's new mini Chi-like hot iron ($90) is so adorable. At 6 inches, it heats up to 400 degrees in less than 3 minutes making it perfect for an after-work touch-up before cocktails or a wonderful travel accessory. Also, because of how thin it is, it's great for short hair — I'm sure Christian will be looking into it, it's fierce!

  • Amazing hair stylist to the stars, Sally Hershberger, who charges like $600 for a cut and basically invented the shag, just released a totally affordable line of haircare products. Available at Walgreens of all places, none of the items are more than $20 and Lara was just raving about them. I can't wait to run out and try them, I just need to figure out where the closest Walgreens is... The cool thing about her Web site, too, is that there are instructional videos on how to use the various products. For years I've been trying to master that salon look at home, maybe this is it.

No comments: